Monday, June 9, 2008

And the packing begins!







Well, I am sure many of you were starting to think I had already abondoned my blog yet again, but have no fear - I am still going strong. As you may be able to see from the picture of the front of our house, our "For Sale" sign now has a "Contract Pending" sign added to it! Yes, I guess that makes it as official as it can get prior to closing day. Our closing day is set for June 25th! It is definitely a bittersweet time for me - on one hand it is sad since in just about 2 weeks I will be saying goodbye to our first home as well as the home we brought Taverly home to from the hospital; but it is also a very exciting time since we will be moving to a bigger home and more conveniently located for us - it will probably be about 5 minutes (max) from Trent's office. All contracts have been agreed upon and signed, just shy of coming to an agreement on inspection repairs for our new home (which I suspect will be agreed upon tomorrow). As all the negotiating is coming to an end (as well as the "sale pending" sign in our yard), it is all becoming a reality to me. So today, I did what most people I am certain do before beginning the packing up process (only kidding) - I took close to 100 pictures and probably a 30 minute narrative video of our house before loading up my first boxes. In the video, I made sure to point out things such as where Taverly's high chair once sat, where she fell off the couch last summer and fractured her arm, what curtains I sewed by hand, the patio that my dad helped us build, where the Christmas tree sat, etc. (I know, a little over the top :-)). Now to explain where this little obsession comes from: If you made it through my "101 things about me" entry, you know I have moved around quite a bit. In doing so, I have lived in numerous houses, which to this day, I love to think back to. The only problem is I am sure what I picture the house to look like is nothing close to its actual layout/appearance. I know there are other people out there like me - when I lived in California, a man brought his family to my house at the time asking if he could come in and show them his "childhood home". As wonderful as I thought this was, I don't know if I will ever have the courage to knock on someone's door in order to see inside one of my childhood homes. With all of this said, I decided to get as much of our house on film as possible before moving out so I not only can look back at it myself, but can share it with Taverly (since I am pretty certain she will have no memory of this home at all). So, that explains the pictures that preceded my entry - one final look at our house before the packing began. Since taking these pictures, I have removed most everything from the walls and have begun packing up drawers. I have yet to cry - but I know it is just a matter of time! :-)

1 comment:

Numchucky said...

Congratulations on the sale of your house! That's big news these days! I love that you went around and took video. I don't think it's over the top at all. I think we'll (scratch that, I'LL) be doing the same thing to our house when we leave.

Happy Packing!

p.s. her room is adorable!